B. Tech (Mechanical Engineering)Engineering is the profession in which knowledge of mathematics and natural sciences is used to the benefit of mankind. Engineers develop solutions to the problems of society within the constraints of economy and environment. Their primary job function includes activities such as design, analysis, manufacturing, research, sales, management, consulting and many more. New generation engineers are required to cope up with rapid changes in both, domain knowledge and nature of problems to be solved. Engineering profession is becoming increasingly interdisciplinary; making demands on knowledge, skills as well as personality. Our B. Tech Programme is based on the three cardinal principles: providing social context to education, giving maximum choice to the student to choose a career path and encouraging active learning.
Why to Choose?At MIT-WPU, we focus on developing versatile Mechanical Engineers as per industry requirements. Emphasis would be given on providing appropriate skills to meet the ever changing needs of Mechanical and allied industry at both national and international levels. The curriculum includes essentials and principles of physics, mathematics, core electrical and electronic subjects with an interdisciplinary approach. MIT-WPU programmes ensure an overall development of students through social internship, national and international certification programmes and study tours moulding them into winning personalities.
- Provide world-class undergraduate engineering curriculum comprising of foundation, core, electives and unique courses related to World Peace along with live projects.
- Prepare and equip students for opportunities in ever changing electrical and electronics engineering domain with hands-on industrial training.
- Transform the students to become globally competent professionals through international training/internship.
- Nurture the creativity and inculcate entrepreneurial skills among the students.
- Teaching-Learning method based on student’s active participation in his/her own learning (Active Learning pedagogy)
- Choice of elective subjects from wide spectrum of subjects to meet individual’s professional goals.
- Industrial Internship for students
- Emphasis on social context in engineering education
- National as well as International exposure to enhance students’ vision and enrich their personality
- Experiential learning in association with industry
- Additional inputs from national and international experts
- An ideal blend of academics with sports, culture, yoga and holistic lifestyle
- Inclusion of philosophy and World Peace teachings in curriculum
- International Study Tour of four weeks duration with unique Modular Certificate Course and visits to various distinguished universities and international exhibitions
- Dedicated training and placement support
- One week Social Internship at the end of first year for exposure to community issues/ needs
- National Study Tour of two weeks includes visits to Industries, Industrial Exhibitions, Research Laboratories and Research Organizations and Premium Institutes of National and International repute.
- Mentoring to realize individual learning path
In this Programme, You will learn….First year provides foundation of basic sciences and mathematics. Since design is an activity central to the engineering profession, students in the very first year are exposed to design thinking. Social internship in first year is credit based and exposes the students to the problems faced by community. This is expected to sow the seeds of socially oriented innovation in the students’ mind. Second year courses are designed to provide grounding in basic engineering sciences from the chosen disciplines. Summer internship at the end of the second year involves guided study tour. The tour will expose the students to our diverse culture, technology achievements and challenges. Third and fourth year will include the subjects belonging to the chosen track. International study tour of four weeks will offer a global exposure whereas industry internship in the final year will offer real life industry experience. Capstone project and inter-disciplinary project in the final year will inculcate problem solving skills, team spirit, professional ethics and habit of self-learning.
How will this Programme be taught?Mechanical Engineering involves design development and up-gradation of products, systems and processes in every walk of human life. At MIT-WPU, we develop Mechanical Engineers with sound human values and sense of world citizenship. Our objective is to offer students with real life industrial exposure. National and international study tour will offer global exposure to our students. Our programme offers three tracks of specialization which lead to careers in cutting edge technologies like Design and Simulation, Energy and Robotics and Automation. Mechanical Engineering curriculum is imparted with active learning methods like Problem Based Learning (PBL), experiential learning and collaborative learning. Choice based course selection, capstone projects and electives across disciplines offer much needed inter-disciplinary approach to budding Mechanical Engineers. We are equipped with highly experienced faculty and strong industry-academia connect.
Tracks under Mechanical Engineering Programme
- Design and Simulation
- Robotics and Automation
- Number of years: Four
- Academic Pattern: Trimester
- Electives: Choice based electives to follow specialization tracks
- Credit System: Choice based Credit Systems, 180 + Credits
- BS : Basic Sciences
- EC : Engineering Core
- DC : Departmental Core
- DE : Departmental Electives
- HS : Humanities and Sciences
- SK : Skill based Courses
MIT-WPU Method for AcademicsA Revolutionary Education System that is completely flexible and continuously updated while interacting with surroundings. Contemplates on the future requirements of students while focusing on the inclusion of those traits in current students in real time.
- Live Project at National level
- Community based learning experience at rural areas to understand the problems and provide solutions
- Opportunity to work on interdisciplinary projects
- Industry Internship/Research Project at national level
- International modular training/certification programs at reputed organization/university
FacultyCurriculum is delivered through highly qualified and experienced domestic/ international faculties and industry professionals.
AssessmentEvaluation pattern: Continuous evaluation, Midterm, End semester examination, Practical and Oral examination.
|Hostel:||Spacious Rooms (AC/Non-AC), Laundry|
|Canteens:||Wide range of meal options|
|Recreation facilities:||Sports – Basketball court, Gymnasium, Wrestling arena, Volleyball court and Athletics track|
|Classroom:||Equipped with audio-visual facilities, modern ICT facilities|
|Laboratories:||State-of-the-art Laboratory Infrastructure|
|Auditorium:||Fully air conditioned with around 800 seating capacity with excellent acoustics used by students for performing arts and movie screening|
Life @ Campus
Technical competitions arranged by students/collegeNIRMITEE (Civil Engineering), TEXEPHYR (Mechanical, Computer, E&TC, IT), Society of Petroleum Engineers (Petroleum), PETROTECH (Petrochemical) and AFFINITY (Polymer)
Extra-curricular activitiesAnnual social gathering, trekking, inspirational movie screening, heritage tour visits to empower students in rural area.
EventsROBOCON: International and national level competitions on Robotics, ONGC Chair Programs in Oil and Gas sector. IEEE International Conference on Internet of Things and Applications (IOTA’2016), IEEE International Workshop on Internet of Things and TV White Spaces (WIOT’2017)
- Reservation policy as laid down by Government of Maharashtra
- Seats for admission in the university for the student belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes, De-notified Tribes, Nomadic Tribes, Other Backward Classes and Handicapped Students, shall be reserved as per the policy of the State Government. The total reservation in any case shall not exceed 50%.
- Out of total intake, 70% of seats shall be reserved for the students domiciled in State of Maharashtra.
For Maharashtra State Candidate & All India Candidate
- The Candidate should be an Indian National;
- Passed HSC or its equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology or Technical Vocational subjects, and obtained at least 50 % marks (at least 45 % marks, in case of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only) in the above subjects taken together and
- Obtained score in MHT-CET 2017 conducted by the Competent Authority. OR Obtained score in JEE (Main) 2017 conducted by the Competent Authority.
- Passed Diploma in Engineering and Technology and obtained at least 50 % marks (at least 45 % marks, in case of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only);