Master of Computer Applications (MCA) – CommerceThe Master of Computer Applications (MCA) in Commerce is a three year post graduation programme designed to train students with the knowledge, tools, methods and theories of computer application and management in such a way that they can apply them in practice. The aim of the programme is to help students to get deep knowledge of Computers, Information Technology and Management. To develop analytical and quantitative abilities, problem-solving aptitude and skills through academics. The Programme has 147 credits and 51 subjects.
Why to Choose?MIT-WPU gives you the world’s most advanced and uniquely defined opportunity-based professional education for your deserved success and also make you contribute to the global sustainable peace for the ultimate community of humanity – all at the same time!
- To provide adequate basic understanding about subjects in computer applications.
- Prepare students to exploit opportunities in areas of IT & Management.
- To train students in effective communication skills.
- To impart appropriate skills among students, so as to make them competent and to inculcate entrepreneurship skills.
- Outstanding curriculum in Computer Applications and Management is supplemented with practical demonstrations, workshops and computer applications.
- Exchange programmes/international and national study tours
- Internships with Corporate companies/Policy Think Tanks/Government Projects and NGOs
- Choice based Credit system with combination of Computer Applications and Management
- Campus Placement
- Live Projects from Top IT Industries.
In this Programme, You will learn….
- Analytical Skills
- Communication Skills
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Technical Skills
- Quantitative Skills
- Writing Skills
- Computer Skills
How will this Programme be taught?MIT-WPU provides a specialized application programme designed to suit the needs of the IT Industries. The programme provides the flexibility to focus on particular sector(s) or skills which supports your professional aspirations. It offers opportunities for work-based research and the opportunity to undertake an internship to gain invaluable practical knowledge in several fields with regard to IT. The pedagogy will include interactive lectures, peer reviews, case studies and lecture tutorials. Case studies that have impacted current company policies will be discussed. Industry specific visits will expose students to practical challenges. The intensity of the course will educate students on the resilience required to succeed in the professional life in a range from grass-root level to MNC level.
Programme StructureThe programme is divided into several trimesters and each trimester will have number of courses with specified credits
Guest LecturesEminent guest faculties from industry, academia and policy circles will deliver guest lectures
Industry InternshipIndustry internships will be provided.
- Continuous evaluation with credit based system
- Term end: 40%
- Field Work: 30%
- Mid-term: 20%
- Class Participation: 10%