Why to Choose MBA in Health Care & Hospital ManagementHealth care is growing explosively—and becoming ever more complicated. There’s no shortage of opportunity for new leadership in the industry. But making a meaningful difference takes a lot of fight. Dr. Vishwanath Karad MIT World Peace University –MBA in Health Care & Hospital Management gives you all the tools you’ll need to harness that fight to improve the health care services apparatus, apply practical skills in management to innovate business solutions to larger health care issues, immerse yourself in techniques that will transform the health care ecosystem. Our interdisciplinary approach to health care management combines the latest in medical science, research-grounded innovations in resource allocation, and data analytics with an in-depth investigation of the strategic, political, cultural, and ethical concerns particular to the health care industry. We’ll prepare you to lead. But only if you’ve got the fight in you. Dr. Vishwanath Karad MIT World Peace University –MBA in Health Care & Hospital Management: Teaching Business with Peace & Humanity in mind. MIT World Peace University breaths its core ethos of ‘World Peace’ through value added education. Health care and Hospital management are now effectively being perceived as a tool to attain innovative healthcare development with peace & Humanity objectives at large. MBA in Health Care & Hospital Management can be used as an intervention strategy to improve quality of people’s lives and contributing and learning the best health care management systems and Practices
Indicators that clearly show Why to study MBA in Health Care & Hospital Management?
- Rising demand and associated spending are being fueled by an aging population; the growing prevalence of chronic diseases and comorbidities; development of costly clinical innovations; increasing patient awareness, knowledge, and expectations; and continued economic uncertainty despite regional pockets of recovery are just a few of the key issues and trends impacting the global health care sector.
- The world’s major regions are expected to see health care spending increases ranging from 2.4 percent to 7.5 percent between 2015 and 2020
- Focus on prevention and the overall holistic health of populations rather than episodic and transaction-based treatments.
- Numerous countries are moving from a centralized to a more localized health management process to deal with uniquely local demographic, governmental, clinical, and financial factors.
- To develop and groom top class healthcare management professionals with in-depth knowledge and expertise suited to the various organizations in the field of healthcare globally.
- To explore innovations and key concepts in Health care and Hospital management.
- Explore the healthcare domain as an opportunity for entrepreneurship.
- To enable students to further develop analytical and decision-making skills and to encourage reflective practice
- To inculcate essential business & marketing skills blended with specialized knowledge in Health Care & Hospital Management that will prepare learners for career across Health Care sector spread across diverse nations.
- To aim for holistic development of the students by inculcating business ethics and values with a broader objective of prorogating the cause of world peace.
- To introduce students to a range of concepts and theories that will enable them to critically analyze Health care organizations contexts and functions at global level.
- To enable students to recognize, plan and develop appropriate management skills necessary to build a strong benchmark in the health care sector.
- Unique WPU method comprising
- Global Leadership Programme-2 Weeks
- International Exposure-2 to 3 weeks
- National Study Tour-10 Days
- World Peace Courses
- Rural Immersion Programme-1 Week
- Competency Mapping of every student for better career planning and progression
- A dedicated last trimester for Industry Internship besides Industry Project as well as Live projects
- A well-recognized Advisory Board of National and International Experts
- Mentoring Programme and Unique Progress Assessment tool of ‘Learning Diary’
- Impeccable career opportunities through Placement support
- Opportunity to be part of organizing team of 3 mega National Events of MIT Group (BCS,NTC&NWP )
How will this Programme be taught?MITWPU provides a specialist management programme designed by experienced advisory board. The MBA programme provides the flexibility to allow students to get in depth knowledge in Health Care and Hospital Management. Programme also offers opportunities for work-based research and to undertake a company internship to gain invaluable work experience in the industry.
PedagogyThe Pedagogy will include but not limited to current topics, case studies which have impacted the marketing practices and health care industry, theory and practical teaching which will provide students hands on experience, industry specific visits to Hospitals/ health care sectors . The intensity of the course will educate students on the resilience required to succeed in the health care industry.
Duration of the Programme2 years Full time
- A MBA in Health Care and Hospital Management program will provide students a dynamic and engaging course curriculum which will provide an insight to the exciting world of Health Care and Hospital Management
- Programme will have Trimester Pattern with total 6 trimesters spread over 2 years
- Each Trimester will have Full Credit courses, Half Credit course and specified certifications
- Core Courses (100 Marks each): Full Credit Courses
- Electives Courses (50 Marks each): Half Credit Courses
|Trimester||Courses||Type of Course (Credits)||No of Credits|
|Trimester I||Fundamentals of Health Care Administration||Full||3|
|Hospital Enterprise Management||Full||3|
|Health Care Policies and Regulations||Full||3|
|Quantitative Methods /Techniques for Taking decisions||Full||3|
|Health Care legislation and Medico Legal Issues||Half||2|
|Hospital Engineering Services||Half||2|
|Management of National Health Programs||Half||2|
|World Peace Course- I||Half||1|
|Trimester II||Strategic Negotiations and Conflict Management||Full||3|
|Managerial Accounting and Cost Management in Health care||Full||3|
|Management of disease Control, Basic Economics and Health Care Economics||Full||3|
|Strategic management of Health care Organizations||Full||3|
|Human Resource Management & Material Management||Half||2|
|Disaster and Risk Management||Half||2|
|Medical Emergency System||Half||2|
|World Peace Course II||Half||1|
|Trimester III||Operation Management, Health Management and information Management in Healthcare||Full||3|
|Administration of Hospital and Health care Planning||Full||3|
|General and Personal Management in Health care Institutions||Full||3|
|Concepts of Epidemiology (Public Health administration), Anatomy, Physiology and Medical Terminology||Full||3|
|IT in Health Care Services||Half||2|
|TQM in Health care||Half||2|
|International Health Services||Half||2|
|World Peace Course III||Half||1|
|Trimester IV||Rural Immersion||Full||3|
|Financial management & Inventory Controls in Hospitals||Full||3|
|Behaviourial Sciences (Leadership and Organizational Behaviour in Hospitals )||Full||3|
|Organization and Management of Hospitals||Full||3|
|Marketing of Health Care services||Half||2|
|World Peace Course IV||Half||1|
|Trimester V||Summer Internship Project & Report||Full||6 Credits|
|World Peace Course V||Half||1|
|Trimester VI||Industry Internship||Full||6 Credits|
|World Peace Course VI||Half||1|
Guest LecturesThere will be guest lecture from eminent speakers from health care industry who will impart practical knowledge and expertise to the students during their learning process.
Value Added CertificationsStudents will be offered value added certifications like Dale Carnegie, Six Sigma,and Digital Marketing etc. to bolster value addition.
Live ProjectsEach student will work upon at least 1 live project for a specified course. Thus each student will undertake minimum 2 live projects in the entire programme other than Industry Project.
Summer Internship Projects(SIP)After the trimester IV, each student will undertake an Industry Project for a period of 60 days with Industry. After completion of Industry Project students will rejoin the programme for Trimester V. Industry Project based report evaluation through a viva voce will be done in Trimester V. Industry Project will be a 2 full credit course of 200 marks. Students would pursue Industry Project in various hospitals.
Industry InternshipAfter the trimester V, each student will undertake extensive Industry Internship for the entire trimester VI. Students will complete 1200 hours of training ( 6 hours per day*5 days * 4 weeks = 1200 hours) for a duration of one month at Vishwaraj Hospital at Loni Kalbhore , Pune .After successful completion of internship students and certificate the degree will be conferred to the students provided he /she has passed all the courses in all the Trimesters.
MIT-WPU MethodMIT WPU has its unique, well thought and effective method of Learning and acquiring skills.
Global Leadership ProgrammeTo prepare students for the challenges of the global employment market and to strengthen and develop their broader personal and professional skills, MBA in Health Care and Hospital Management has developed a unique Global Leaders Programme. The objective of the programme, is to provide practical career workshops and experience diverse business cultures. The workshops will be more challenging and rewarding, giving you the opportunity to manage a hospital set up, face challenges and manage people, coach and mentor others, and build on your leadership qualities. Additionally, you will still have the opportunity to visit large multi-national organizations.
University-Institute CollaborationUniversity Institute collaborations with leading universities in Health Care and Hospital Management in US, Singapore, UK, and Australia etc. Collaborations will include study tours, practical learnings in International hospitals, Innovative practices used, training and understanding operations and logistics surrounding the same.
International Study TourIn order to create graduates who are ready to become global leaders, it is vital that they gain the relevant experience on an international stage. The MITWPU Method will give you the opportunity to learn and embrace different cultures from all over the world. You’ll see how businesses operate in different environments and apply the skills you’ve learnt throughout the course in practical international situations. Students will go for International Study tour before Internship / final placement. International Study tour will have approx. duration of approx. 2-3 weeks Each Student during this tour, will gain hands on experience of the planning and organizing of health care management in international health care sectors like US, Singapore, UK, and Australia.
National Study TourEach student will go for National Study Tour. National Study tour will include exposure to top national hospitals in Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, and Hyderabad. National Study tour will be of approximately 1 week.
AssessmentA blend of periodic written assessment and Continuous Assessment will be used for better student engagement and effective evaluation
- Components of Assessment are suggested as
- Course Work : 20 % Weight
- Final Trimester End Written Exam : 30 % Weight
- Continuous Assessment (by course teacher) : 50 % Weight
- Continuous Assessment (Concurrent Evaluation): A continuous assessment approach in Trimester system (also known as internal assessment) is spread through the duration of course and is done by the course teachers. The continuous assessment provides a feedback on teaching learning process. The feedback after being analyzed is passed on to the concerned student for implementation and subsequent improvement.
PlacementStudents shall get career opportunities across diverse health care sectors at national and international level Employment Areas include:
- Mental Health Organization
- Academic Institutions
- Health Insurance Companies
- Health Agencies
- Public Health Departments
- Laboratories & Clinics
- Hospital Consulting Firms
- Nursing Homes
Various Jobs Available for MBA Health Care & Hospital Management
- Hospital Planning Adviser
- Hospital Consultant
- Hospital Quality Assurance Executives
- Healthcare Management Executives
- Associate / Assistant Professor
- Health administrator
- Internal Corporate Analyst
- Health Care Provider
- Ambulatory Clinic Manager
- Chief Nursing Officer
List of Recruiters
- LYRA HEALTHCARE
- SEVEN HILLS HOSPITAL
- APOLLO HOSPITALS
- FORTIS HOSPITALS
- CARE HOSPITAL
- RUBY HALL HOSPITAL
- JEHANGIR HOSPITAL
- UNITED HEALTH GROUP
Life @ Campus
- The vibrant University
- Well-equipped state of the art Classroom
- Accommodation facilities
- State of Art Infrastructure
- Student Support
- Social Media Hub
- Working Here