Masters of Liberal Arts – Communication & JournalismThis programme aims for an advanced training in the field of journalism with detailed course work in print as well as broadcast. It trains student as well-trained journalists.
Why to Choose?MIT-WPU gives you the world’s most advanced and uniquely defined opportunity-based professional education for your deserved success and also make you contribute to the global sustainable peace for the ultimate community of humanity – all at the same time!
- To inculcate a critical understanding communication.
- Holistic development of the student.
- Experiential learning.
- Developing researching skills.
- Guests lectures by eminent personalities in media of national and international stature
- Regular field trips to media houses
- Attending various film and cultural festivals and study its media coverage pattern
- Organizing mock press conferences
- Formation of various clubs like films and photography
- Monthly lecture series on various social topics to make students better human being
- National and international study tours
In this Programme, You will learn….Masters of Arts in Mass Communication & Journalism offers students a detailed study about journalism field covering stream like print, broadcast & new media. Final year offers students a variety of elective courses in different beats of journalism which will help students to take up detailed research on any subject in final year in the form of print or documentary.
- Training on effective speaking and writing skills.
- Introduction to software like Corel-draw, In-design, Photoshop, Video-editing.
- Training in advance videography.
How will this Programme be taught?Along with regular theory lectures, MA MCJ will be an appropriate blend of practical training too. The pedagogy will include recent trends and also focus on current topics. A regular day will be divided into theory lectures and productive time for students to gain practical experience.
Programme StructureTwo years fulltime Programme is divided into trimesters and each trimester has various topics with specific credits.
AssessmentContinuous assessment with credit based system. Term end – 50% Continuous assessment – 50%
- News Channel Simulation.
- MAC FCP Editing Machines
- News Room and Chroma Studio.
- Multi-camera set up.
- Sound Recording studio.
Selection CriteriaMerit on the marks of Entrance Test + Personal Interview (Online through skype) & 50% weightage to 12th Marks
|1||Last Date for sale & submission of Admission Form.||30/06/2017|
|2||Entrance test & P.I. (Online through skype)||As per the slots communication through email|
|3||Date of Declaration of First Merit List||08/07/2017|
|4||Date of Reporting & Commencement||18/07/2017|
|5||Date of Induction Program||19/07/2017|