M. Tech (Polymer Engineering)The polymer industry has seen unprecedented growth in the last few decades with only one institute offering an undergraduate, post-graduate as well as a doctoral programme in Polymer Engineering. Polymer engineering is a unique interdisciplinary natured programme, and is a confluence of Chemical and Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, Chemistry, Spiritual-Scientific Knowledge System based modules. The core strength comprises of broadly two aspects:
- Academics and research include structure-property-processing correlation; energy, environment, and healthcare; advanced polymeric materials and processing, tool and product design.
- Industry-Academia interactions include industries like Reliance, DSM, DuPont, Garware, Tata, SABIC, Gharda, Supreme, Bajaj, etc. and research organizations like NCL, ARAI, DIAT, IIT, ICT, etc.
- Number of Years Two years full-time (trimester pattern)
- Number of Semester Six
- Credit System Choice based Credit Systems, 170 Credits
- Evaluation Pattern Continuous Evaluation, and End-semester Examinations
- Electives Choice based Electives to follow specialization tracks
- Value Added Certification Social Internship, World Peace and Philosophy Certification
Tracks under Polymer Engineering Programme
- Polymer Materials Science and Manufacturing Technology
- Polymer Rheology and Processing
- Tool and Product Design and Simulation