M.Sc. (Statistics)M.Sc. (Statistics) degree prepares the students for higher studies, research in Statistics and to work with finance or software industries. The duration of the study is six trimesters to be completed in two years.
Why to Choose?We, at MIT-WPU, give you the world’s most advanced and uniquely defined, opportunity-based professional education for your deserved success and also make you contribute to the global sustainable peace for the ultimate community of humanity – all at the same time!
- To motivate for research in mathematical and statistical sciences.
- To train computational scientists who can work on real life challenging problems.
- To impart essential knowledge in probability, statistics, actuarial science and train the students to be employable in various organizations specializing in insurance and finance.
- To provide theoretical foundations that will motivate and prepare the students to take up theoretical and applied research in the field of actuarial science.
- Personality development, training and communication development classes
- Regular industry interaction
- Career opportunity seminars
- Regular counseling/mentoring for students
- National as well as international exposure to enhance students’ vision and enrich their personality
- Round the clock state of the art computer lab with LAN networking with Internet and web-browsing facility
- An ideal blend of academics with sports, culture, yoga and holistic lifestyle
- Inclusion of philosophy and World Peace teachings in curriculum
In this Programme, You will learn….
- Analytical Skills
- Communication Skills
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Technical Skills
- Quantitative Skills
- Computer Programming & Development Skills
How will this Programme be taught?
- MIT-WPU programme provides flexibility to focus on particular sector(s) or skills which will support professional aspirations. It offers opportunities for work-based research. The pedagogy will include resent trends and will focus on current topics. Case studies based on emerging trends will be discussed. Industry specific visits will expose students to practical challenges.
- We offer a very wide range of modules, from Business-strategic, Stochastic analysis, Financial statistics and Industrial statistics. The intensity of the programme is to educate students on the resilience required to succeed in the professional life in a range from grass-root level to MNC level.
Programme Structure2 year programme divided into trimesters and each trimester with specified credit based system.
- Continuous evaluation with credit based system
- Term end: 50%
- Continuous Assessment: 50%
InfrastructureWe offer state-of-the-art infrastructure which are ICT enabled for seamless learning of students. Hostel facilities will be made available for students on payment basis within 1 and 1 ½ km radius of the campus depending upon the availability.
Selection CriteriaB.Sc. with Statistics as principal and Mathematics at subsidiary level, at least up to second year or B.E./B.Tech
- Admission for M.Sc. Statistics will be given on First Come First Serve Basis on or before 10/07/2017.
- Date of Reporting & Commencement : 18/07/2017
- Date of Induction Program : 19/07/2017