B. Tech (Electronics and Communication Engineering)In the past three decades, we have seen the drastic growth in electronics, communication and computing, giving birth to ICT Technologies. The electronic devices and hardware are getting smaller and more intelligent with the help of advances in network and software technologies. Now, Internet technologies are getting matured to encompass a vision of communication at anytime, anywhere, with anyone and with anything, making the internet truly pervasive by means of Internet of Things. The electronics and communication technologies are essential part in automation, control, core manufacturing, transport, water, environment, pharmaceutical, food processing, disaster management, smart cities and many others. Broadband and ICT technologies have a unique potential to meet the United Nation’s sustainable development goals, SDGs, by 2030. It has reported that the mobile broadband is likely to be the fastest-growing ICT in human history. India is emerging as an attractive electronic manufacturing destination because of Make in India initiative by the Government. Along with these opportunities, there are many challenges to study and carry out research on electronic materials, devices and circuits, microcontrollers and their interfacing devices, communication technologies and related signal processing along with efficient software tools to drive them. Hence, in order to tackle these challenges and leverage the opportunities in the fastest growing electronics, networking and communication industry, MIT World Peace University has designed a unique Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech) Programme in Electronics and Communication Engineering with emphasis on life skills development and world peace. This Four year full-time degree provides comprehensive theoretical, practical and real life knowledge of electronics and communication as demanded by the industry today and for the future.
Why to Choose?At MIT-WPU, we focus on developing a deeper knowledge of electronics and communication systems among the students to make them industry ready professionals and also next generation entrepreneurs in global settings. We provide the skills which enable them to steer and progress in their career in these ever-evolving ICT technologies. Our emphasis is on providing diverse platforms to explore, discover, and nurture the students’ true potential along with enriching academic pursuit. Such a holistic approach stimulates innovation among the students by inspiring fresh ideas with different perspectives, creative thinking, and strong conviction to achieve true success. The curriculum includes study of physics, engineering mathematics, and in-depth exposure of foundation, core and elective courses in the fields of electronics, communication, computer and software technologies. The programme has three specialization tracks, viz. signal processing, communication networks, and VLSI and embedded systems. MIT-WPU programmes ensure an overall development of students through social internship, national and international study tours to make them global professionals. Our pedagogy emphasises on output rather than input, learning rather than teaching, experiential and collaborative learning, personality development through World Peace Method, and such other unique approaches.
- Provide world-class undergraduate engineering curriculum in electronics and communication engineering comprising of foundation, core, electives and unique courses related to World Peace along with live projects.
- Prepare and equip students for opportunities in ever changing electronics and communication engineering.
- Transform the students to become globally competent professionals through international training/internship.
- Nurture the creativity and inculcate entrepreneurial skills among the students.
- Perfect blend of academia, industry, and research
- Four week international exposure as a part of curriculum
- One Trimester internship/industry project
- One week continuous learning in rural to understand the problems and provide solutions
- Curriculum delivered through highly qualified and experienced domestic/international faculty members, and Industry professionals
- Opportunity to work on interdisciplinary projects
- Excellent academic ambience and vibrant campus life
- Effective mentoring scheme
- On-campus Incubation Centre to nurture the Start-Ups
- State-of-the-art infrastructure
- Scholarships/On-campus Jobs
In this Programme, You will learn….First year provides the foundation of basic sciences and mathematics. Since the creativity and innovation are fundamental to the engineering profession, students in the very first year are exposed to Design Thinking. Social internship in the first year is credit based and exposes the students to solve the intrinsic issues of our society. Social internship is expected to orient students mind for innovations. Second-year courses are designed to provide grounding in basic engineering sciences from the chosen disciplines. Summer internship at the end of the second year involves guided study tour. Third and fourth year will include the subjects belonging to the chosen track in his/her discipline. International study tour of four weeks duration will offer a global exposure whereas semester-long industry internship/project in the final year will offer real life industry experience. This Capstone project and inter-disciplinary project will inculcate problem-solving skills, team spirit, professional ethics and habit of self-learning.
How will this Programme be taught?One of the most versatile disciplines of engineering, electronics and communication involves design, development and up gradation of circuits, systems and processes in every walk of human life. At MIT-WPU, we develop the engineers with sound human values and sense of world citizenship. Our objective is to offer students with real life industrial exposure and hence, national and international study tours will offer domestic and global exposure to our students. Our programme has three tracks of specialization which lead to careers in cutting edge technologies like Signal Processing, Communication Networks, and VLSI and Embedded Systems. The curriculum is imparted with active learning methods like problem based learning (PBL), experimental learning and collaborative learning. Choice based course selection, capstone projects and electives across disciplines offer much a needed inter-disciplinary approach to budding engineers. The University is equipped with the-state-of-the-art infrastructure, highly experienced faculty, and strong industry-academia connect.
Tracks under Electronics and Communication Engineering Programme
- Signal Processing
- Communication Networks
- VLSI and Embedded Systems
- Number of Years: Four
- Academic Pattern: Trimester
- Electives: Choice based electives to follow specialization tracks
- Credit System: Choice based Credit Systems, 175 Credits
- BS : Basic Sciences
- EC : Engineering Core
- DC : Departmental Core
- DE : Departmental Electives
- HS : Humanities and Sciences
- SK : Skill based Courses
- One Trimester live project at national level
- Opportunity to work on interdisciplinary projects
- One week continuous learning in rural areas to understand the problems and provide solutions
- Four weeks international modular training/certification program at reputed organization/university outside India
MIT-WPU Method for AcademicsA Revolutionary Education System that is completely flexible and continuously updated while interacting with surroundings. Contemplates on the future requirements of students while focusing on the inclusion of those traits in current students in real time.
- Dr. Suresh Borkar, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, USA
- Dr. Madhukar Pitke, Founder Director, Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DOT)
- Mr. D. M. Tagare, Managing Director, Madhav Capacitors Private Limited
- Dr. Biplab Sikdar, National University of Singapore
- Prof. G. S. Mani, IEEE Pune Section
- Mr. Hemant Patil, Head, Centre of Excellence in MES/MOM, Tata Technologies
- Dr. Manjunath Ramachandra, Wipro Technologies
- Dr. Lalit Kumar Singh, Scientist, NPCIL-BARC, Dept. of Atomic Energy, Govt. of India,
- Dr. Mukul Sutaone, College of Engineering (COEP), Pune
- Dr. Aditya Kumar Sinha, Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC)
- Dr. Virendra Kumar, Former Joint Director, Armament R & D Establishment, DRDO, Pune
- Dr. D. B. Talange, College of Engineering (COEP), Pune
FacultyCurriculum is delivered through highly qualified and experienced domestic/ international faculty members, and industry professionals.
- Summative and Formative Patterns
- Continuous Evaluation
- Mid and End-term examinations
- Practical and Oral Examination.
|Laboratories||State-of-the-art Laboratory Infrastructure|
|Classrooms/Seminar Hall||Equipped with audio-visual facilities, modern ICT facilities|
|Library||Well stocked Central and Departmental Libraries along with e-journal access|
|Auditorium||Fully air conditioned with around 800 seating capacity with excellent acoustics used by students for performing arts and movie screening|
|Recreation facilities||Sports – Basketball Court, Gymnasium, Wrestling Arena, Volleyball Court, Athletics Track|
|Hostel||Spacious Rooms (AC/Non-AC), Laundry|
|Canteens||Wide range of meal options|
- Centre of Excellence
- One of the Intel Labs for Internet of Things
- Working on CUDA Platform for Parallel/ Distributed Computing
- Working on Embedded Processors
Life @ Campus
- IEEE Student Branch
- IETE Student Forum
Technical Events arranged by Students/CollegeRobocon International and National Level Competitions on Robotics Texephyr (By Electronics and Communication, Computer, Information Technology, and Mechanical Engineering Students)
Extra-curricular ActivitiesAnnual Social Gathering, Trekking, Inspirational Movie Screening, Heritage Tours, and Rural area visits to empower students.
Co-curricular ActivitiesContinuous Education Programs awarding Certificates, Technical Competitions, Sessions of Invited Industry Experts, Faculty Development Programs
Major Conference/Workshops OrganizedIEEE International Conference on Internet of Things and Applications (IOTA’2016) IEEE International Workshop on Internet of Things and TV White Spaces (WIOT’2017)
- Reservation policy as laid down by Government of Maharashtra
- Seats for admission in the university for the student belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes, De-notified Tribes, Nomadic Tribes, Other Backward Classes and Handicapped Students, shall be reserved as per the policy of the State Government. The total reservation in any case shall not exceed 50%.
- Out of total intake, 70% of seats shall be reserved for the students domiciled in State of Maharashtra.
For Maharashtra State Candidate & All India Candidate
- The Candidate should be an Indian National;
- Passed HSC or its equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology or Technical Vocational subjects, and obtained at least 50 % marks (at least 45 % marks, in case of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only) in the above subjects taken together and
- Obtained score in MHT-CET 2017 conducted by the Competent Authority. OR Obtained score in JEE (Main) 2017 conducted by the Competent Authority.
- Passed Diploma in Engineering and Technology and obtained at least 50 % marks (at least 45 % marks, in case of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only);