B.A. Mass MediaB.A. in Mass Media offers students an overall view of media and helps them to gain importance in today’s world. Students can specialize in either advertising or journalism.
Why to Choose?MIT-WPU gives you the world’s most advanced and uniquely defined opportunity-based professional education for your deserved success and also make you contribute to the global sustainable peace for the ultimate community of humanity – all at the same time!
- To inculcate a critical understanding communication.
- Holistic development of the student.
- Experiential learning.
- Developing researching skills.
- Guests lectures by eminent personalities in media of national and international stature
- Regular field trips to media houses
- Attending various film and cultural festivals and study its media coverage pattern
- Organizing mock press conferences
- Formation of various clubs like films and photography
- Monthly lecture series on various social topics to make students better human being
- National and international study tours
In this Programme, You will learn….It will introduce students to various aspects of media thereby giving them hands-on experience in practical work too. Training on effective speaking and writing skills. Introduction to software like Corel-draw, In-design, Photoshop, Video-editing. Various theories of communication used in media industry. Introduction to various media streams like Print Journalism, Radio, Television, Broadcast, and New Media.
How will this Programme be taught?Along with regular theory lectures, Bachelors in Mass Media will be an appropriate blend of practical training too. The pedagogy will include recent trends and also focus on current topics. A regular day will be divided into theory lectures and productive time for students to gain practical experience.
Programme StructureThree years fulltime Programme is divided into trimesters and each trimester has various topics with specific credits.
AssessmentContinuous assessment with credit based system. Term end – 50% Continuous assessment – 50%
- News Channel Simulation
- MAC FCP Editing Machines
- News Room and Chroma Studio
- Multi-camera set up
- Sound Recording studio
Selection CriteriaMerit on 12th Marks, (In case of CBSE / ICSE – Five Core subjects can be considered for Merit)
|1||Last Date for sale & submission of Admission Form.||15/06/2017|
|2||Date of Declaration of First Merit List||17/06/2017|
|3||Date of Declaration of Second Merit List||22/06/2017|
|4||Date of Declaration of Third Merit List||27/06/2017|
|5||Date of Reporting & Commencement||18/07/2017|
|6||Date of Induction Program||19/07/2017|